Ajax/CECO/Erie Press is a world leader in modern forging machinery. Since the first general-purpose Ajax forge built in 1875, we’ve continued to lead the industry with forging machines that maximize productivity and minimize part cost. Extreme durability, easy serviceability and minimal setup times are built in to every Ajax/CECO/Erie Press forging machine:
- Our direct-response air clutch provides instant response and smooth, cushioned starting
- Our extension-guided header and die slide produce consistently accurate forgings that need minimal secondary machining
- Generous die-height on our 6-inch and larger sizes provides space to create intricate forged parts
- Exclusive underarm construction makes the Pitman eccentric bearing easy to inspect and lubricate
With more than 300 years of combined forging knowledge, Ajax/CECO/Erie Press is the longest running and most experienced forging company in the world. This legacy provides unique advantages to our customers:
- An unmatched archive of historical data and detail means we can provide original specs for machines over 50 years old
- As your OEM, we provide not just the right parts but the highest quality parts — created specifically for your machine
- We share our history and combined knowledge, so it’s easy for you to find the solutions you need
Our KeyDrivers stand above the rest in quality and reliability. Designed to be mounted horizontally, such as on a fork lift, the KeyDriver replaces such tools as sledge hammers, manual rams and hand held pneumatic drivers for sow block and die keys.
All KeyDrivers feature remote operation, fork lift mounting, cast iron inertia block, forged alloy steel ram, adjustable blow force, and onboard pneumatic system.
We put the same care into our KeyDrivers as our much heralded presses. As a result, they last longer, require less maintenance and operate more efficiently. We always aim to exceed your expectations. We will match the best KeyDriver to address your forge shop needs. Finally, we will ship your KeyDriver completely assembled and ready to connect to your plant air supply system, so that you can put it to good use the moment it arrives
In addition to traditional forging equipment, Ajax/CECO/Erie Press also builds, rebuilds and services forging equipment for a wide range of other applications, including:
- Power Forgers (DHP)
- CECO Stamps
- Forcing Press
- Car Wheel Demounting Press
- Car Wheel Universal Press
- Blacksmithing Hammers
Manufacturers all over the world rely on Ajax/CECO/Erie Press for customized forging solutions. We take the time to understand your unique situation, so we can provide a thorough, professional consultation and strategic assessment. Because we work with you from concept to implementation, you can be assured your custom forging equipment will meet your needs exactly.