With force capacities ranging from 500 to 15,000 U.S. tons, Ajax/CECO/Erie Press Hydraulic and Mechanical Forging Presses can be designed for closed die, isothermal, open die, and other high-volume, specialty forging applications. They’re ideal for forging a wide range of materials, including carbon steels, aluminum, titanium and super alloys into a broad range of ferrous and non-ferrous parts.
- The shorter frames on Ajax/CECO/Erie Press Closed Die Mechanical Forging Presses stretch less and deliver more energy into the part. The result: precision tolerances closer to near net shape, helping you lower material consumption, reduce waste and machining, and lower total cost per part
- Ajax/CECO/Erie Press Mechanical Forge presses feature forged main and drive shafts, forged main and pinion spur gears, pneumatic clutch, friction brake, and electrical and software controls designed to integrate seamlessly into your manufacturing systems and boost productivity and reliability
- Capacities range from 500 to 12,000 tons
- With over a century of experience, we have handled jobs of all sizes and scope and know exactly what you need from an open die forging press
- Our commitment to craftsmanship results in presses that reduce maintenance costs, increase productivity and last for decades
- Standard Ajax/CECO/Erie Press Ring PreForming presses range from 500 to 5,000 tons and feature rapid stroking speeds, variable speed control and quick die-change capabilities
- 3D modeling and FEA are used by Ajax/CECO/Erie Press engineers to design a rugged, cost-efficient press structure
- Cartridge valve manifolds and simplified pipe routing minimize the potential for hydraulic leaks, while improving energy efficiency
- Electronic controls are state of the art with program data and screen graphics displayed to maximize operator knowledge and control
- Comprehensive diagnostic packages include fault monitoring and logging, I/O monitoring, and remote access/diagnostics
- Optional features include sliding bolster, centering jaws, various upset-punch-pierce tooling arrangements and slug removal systems
Manufacturing customers all over the world rely on Ajax/CECO/Erie Press for customized trim, mechanical and forging press solutions. Whether you work with metals, plastics, ceramics or any other materials, the engineers at Ajax/CECO/Erie Press can design and build a custom press that optimizes performance for your operation.
We take the time to understand your unique situation, so we can provide a thorough, professional consultation and strategic assessment. Because we work with you from concept to implementation, you can be assured your custom press equipment will meet your needs exactly.